Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stole The Picture and Then The Girl

Hello everyone I am Krystal Moulton my dad's middle child and only girl. I would like to tell you the story of how my parents fell in love.

My parents, met for the first time when my mom was in 7th grade and my dad was in 9th what they did not know at that time was that they would one day be married. Their favorite place they loved to meet up at was the roller rink called Skateland. By the time they reached junior high they were seeing other people but that flame was still there. One of my dad's friends was dating my mom at the time and he had a picture of her in his locker. My dad stole the picture and one day soon he would still the girl.

When my dad left to basic training the last stop be made with his recruiter was at a 7/11 were my mom worked. She was the last person he saw before he left and he asked her to write him letter. Through writing letter to each other they fell madly in love. Over half way through basic my dad called my mom and asked her to marry him and she said YES. Also that day she got a letter from him asking her to marry him. That was not the last time he asked her. After basic training graduation he asked her it marry him again for the third time. So he asked her over the phone, in a letter, and finally in person and she said YES every time.

After basic my dad went to tech school and when he came home my mom and dad got married on 24 December 1990. They did not know was was ahead of them all they knew was they loved each other and hand and hand they were ready to face the world. 24 years later they are still madly in love and going strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment